Infectious Diseases Parasitic Volume 2 – 1st edition free pdf download
Infectious Diseases Parasitic Volume 2 – 1st edition
- The aim of this book is to provide high quality images of the most frequently encountered parasitic infections that occur in humans.
- The topics are illustrated by short case histories, some with clinical photographs.
- In many cases the laboratory investigations are included as well.
- The reader is provided with a quick method of viewing topics they want to study.
- Some original cases, such as amoebic meningitis have been reported in full, and with colour images.
- Historical aspects of many of the infections are included.
- Volume one – Non parasitic infections is being finalized.
Chapter 01 – Protozoa
- African Trypanosomiasis – Sleeping sickness
- American Trypanosomiasis – Chagas disease
- Leishmaniasis – visceral
- Leishmaniasis – cutaneous
- Malaria – History
- Malaria – Case histories
- Malaria – Identification of species
- Malaria – Pathology
- Malaria – What does the future hold?
Chapter 02 – Pathogenic amoebae
- The human parasite – Entamoeba histolytica
- Free living amoebae Naegleria fowleri (This is a presentation of the first cases)
- Acanthamoeba species – brain abscess
- Acanthamoeba species – corneal ulceration
- Balamuthia mandrillaris
- Size comparison between the four pathogenic amoebae –
- Acanthamoeba species
- N. fowleri
- E. histolytica
Chapter 03 – Nematodes – Filarial worms
- Filariasis – history
- Filariasis – species identification
- Filariasis – pathology (01)
- Filariasis – clinical features
- Filariasis – pathology (02)
- Rejuvenating an old pathology museum and creating a new one
- Something new in elephantiasis of the vulva
Chapter 04 – Nematodes – Other
- Pin worm – Enterobius vermicularis
- Whip worm – Trichuris trichiura
- Hookworm – Ancylostoma duodenale
- Ascariasis – Ascaris lumbricoides
- Trichinosis – Trichinella spiralis
- Eosinophilic meningitis – Angiostrongylus cantonensis
- Strongyloidiasis – Strongyloides stercoralis
Chapter 05 – Trematodes – Schistosomes
- Illustrative case histories
- Acute dysentery
- Acute hepatitis
- Chronic hepatitis
- Lung & megacolon
- Bladder – a problem diagnosis
- A variety of cases from different countries & involving different organs
- Colon – chronic & double pathology
- Do schistosomes cause cancer?
- Bladder low grade dysplasia
- Bladder high grade dysplasia
- Prostate cancer
- History of the schistosomes
Chapter 06 – Trematodes – Liver flukes
- Clonorchis sinensis
- Opisthorchis viverrini
- Fasciola hepatica
Chapter 07 – Cestodes – Tape worms
- Hydatid disease – Echinococcus granulosus
- Cysticercosis – Taenia solium
Download Radiology pdf
Download Infectious Diseases Parasitic Volume 2 – 1st edition free
Download ebook Guyton and Hall Textbook of Medical Physiology 14th edition free pdf
Ebook Infectious Diseases Parasitic Volume 2 – 1st edition pdf Free Download
[PDF] Download Ebook Infectious Diseases Parasitic Volume 2 – 1st edition Free