Handling the Young Child with Cerebral Palsy at Home – 4th edition free pdf download
Handling the Young Child with Cerebral Palsy at Home – 4th edition
The 4th edition of Finnie’s Handling the Young Child with Cerebral Palsy at Home has been updated to reflect the current practices of today. It aims to help parents assist their child with cerebral palsy (CP) towards achieving the most comfortable independence in all activities. It is hoped to show how, by using typical parenting skills, which involve guiding and exposing a child to develop through challenging experiences, the child with CP will also develop. The book is also intended to help professionals and other carers new to this field understand, support and encourage young children with CP and their families.
Over the years since the first edition of this book was written ideas on appropriate therapies have changed and developed. Similarly opinion on early intervention has changed and the method of delivery of service has in some places moved from centralisation to home-based or community provision. The emphasis of this new edition however remains on a holistic approach to the child’s needs seeing the difficulties in relation to the overall development of the child as a unique person from childhood to adulthood.
- Assessment procedures and prediction of future abilities
- Management of problems (including medication if appropriate) such as epilepsy, constipation, eneurisis, nourishment, difficulty with sleeping, crying, temper tantrums, sensory deficits and deformity
- Stimulation, fitness, problem solving, compensatory strategies and ease of management
- New chapters include Neuroimaging, Epilepsy, Emotional health, Orthotics, Spasticity management, and Complementary and alternative medicine
- Over 460 revised illustrations showing different pieces of equipment which may be helpful and ways of holding and moving a child with cerebral palsy
- Chapters on Sleeping, Feeding, Lifting and Carrying, Toileting, Communication and Fine motor movement have been completely re-written by a professional specialising in the particular field
Download Radiology pdf
Download Handling the Young Child with Cerebral Palsy at Home – 4th edition free
Download ebook Guyton and Hall Textbook of Medical Physiology 14th edition free pdf
Ebook Handling the Young Child with Cerebral Palsy at Home – 4th edition pdf Free Download
[PDF] Download Ebook Handling the Young Child with Cerebral Palsy at Home – 4th edition Free